Thursday, January 13, 2011

Internships: Week Two, Blog 2

7. What lessons or experiences at you internship will you bring back to school to help you to further improve in your academics?
I've learned a lot about perseverance. If I thought some school work was boring than it is nothing compared to a lot of the things you have to do in the work world. Inventory is basically the most boring and yet most important job out there. Counting counting counting but it has to be done so patience and perseverance is something I am in the process of gaining. I have also learned more about working with people. When people come into the store at first I was awkward and didn't want to talk to customers but now I know to be friendly and how to help them feel comfortable. I have also learned a lot about responsibility. On the first day of internships Barrie gave me the key to the store and all the pass codes and I felt so trusted. But it took some getting used to. Now Barrie leaves me alone in the shop while she goes on deliveries and has asked me to lock up for her too. It's a lot to get used to but now I know that people trust me and that I can take on a lot of responsibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment