Friday, January 28, 2011

Internships: Week Four, Blog 1


1. Describe what you are most thankful for in your internship experience—what experiences, what people, and so on? What new appreciations have you gained through internship and how did you develop these?
I am so thankful for everything about my internship. Barrie first off was an amazing person to work with her kindness and calm made the work place a wonderful place to spend time in. I am thankful that I found my own internship and didn't have to settle for one the school gave me. I am also glad I did it early and had no stress during the internship finding process for everyone else. I am thankful that Barrie trusted me enough to ask me to cut fabric for piece that she would be sewing and creating and selling. That felt like a real honor. Her trust is definitely the thing I am most thankful for. I have gained a new appreciation for small business owners I mean they have to do everything. Barrie:
-Works on her web site
-Runs a store
-Sews some of her product
-Creates all of the styles
-Ships out orders
-Creates advertisements
-Communicates with the factories
-Works with models
-Go to conventions and shows for her product
-And correspond with her vendors around the world
I saw her do this each day in and out and it amazed me.

No comments:

Post a Comment