Monday, September 13, 2010

Blog # 5 Questions About Our Writing....

1) Being able to just write about my icon to just put on the page what I think about Comic Con write about my experiences and why I love it so much.
2) The loop it helped me make my piece feel more complete it helped me bring my artists statement full circle and leave the reader thinking.

3) The most challenging was probably writing about my place in the future of my icon. How I can continue the saga of comic con and bring it more out into the light and show others its virtues.
4) The most challenging writing tip was also probably the loop. It was hard to bring the begining of the paper back to the end without being repetitive. But I think I managed. I sort of just continued the story for the first paragraph.

5) "Attending conventions has become a big part of my life. Without them I would be such a different person. I have met people that have become close friends or people that I can go to for advice on my life at conventions. I am an attendee and a volunteer. As an attendee I go to panels, support the starving artists in “Artist Ally” and spend time out in front of Ballroom 20. Outside of Ballroom 20 is where my kind of people spend a lot of their Comic Con time running around, networking, taking pictures and have pictures taken of us. The majority of us are in costumes so we are quite a spectacle. Conventions survive off of volunteer labor so in that respect I feel that I am contributing to keeping Comic Con alive. On the day before the real convention starts my mother and I go in from 9am to 7pm to help set up the Art Show, the Art Show is a place where amateur artists and put their art out for display and for sale. I get to take the artists to their panels, mark down each piece of art they have and help them hang it. The artists begin to know your face over time and remember your name. They like to have someone they can trust helping them out. My mother and my friends brought me into the Comic con scene and I have taken it upon myself to bring other people in. My mom receives free Comic Con passes through being staff and I pass them on to people who have never attended Comic con but I know will enjoy it. The people I invited have ended up returning the year after because I brought them in. This is another way I can continue the Comic Con saga. Through Comic Con, I’ve gotten to meet some of my favorite artists, I’ve made friends, changed the way I express myself and my style, it’s changed the way I judge people the first time I meet them and how to make friends."

Does this information seem Irrelevant?
Does this seem like one paragraph or two?
Is there any other information you would rather hear than what is written about here?


No comments:

Post a Comment