Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Honors History Blog #4


A personal honors history:

1. What did you gain from your experiences as an honors student in the first semester (please consider novels, leadership opportunities, writing, history, projects, etc.)?

As an honors student I found myself looking for deeper meaning in books read in class and for honors assignments. I gained a deeper understanding of the books read and how to write reviews. I read more book reviews this past semester than I have in my whole life.

Being in honors drove me to try harder on project and try to make something better than would be expected of me. I wanted to be one of the best and I also felt more able to help others improve their own work. In Life: The Book I took the role of a content editor because I felt capable of reading through an article and correcting content and giving feedback. This is partially because I am an honors student. I felt that with the experience I had and my ability to succeed that I was qualified to edit a paper. I found out that I really enjoyed being an editor. This is a role I would be happy to take again as an honors student.

2. Discuss what you might have done differently if you could do this past semester of honors over again.

I would have stayed slightly more on top of my work. I found myself doing a lot of work last minute and it ended up rushed and of less quality than it could be. I missed assignments here and there that brought my grade down and it was disappointing.

3. Discuss your goals for honors in the second semester.

My goals for the second semester would be to stay on top of things. I want to do things on time and get them done early if at all possible. Like the book reviews, to write them all before the week of the due date would be a big improvement from the way I ran things this semester.

4. If you could choose any specific parts of literature and.or history for our honors work next semester, what would you pick and why?

I would want to do a literary anylisis of a fictional book fantasy or like wise. Something that focused less on the real world ideals and more of what went through the author’s mind and the symbolism involved in the read book.

No comments:

Post a Comment