Friday, December 3, 2010

Blog #19 Semester/LIFE: Reveiw

1. What are you most proud of in your Life: The Book writing? Try to describe this is detail!

I am most proud of the poetic and artistic value in the first two paragraphs of my article. The first paragraphs are from the viewpoint of a potential designer baby and I was so proud of coming up with that concept and working it into my article. I think I convey the child’s emotions very well through it. I wanted to draw out the reader’s emotions through this child’s life experience and I would like to believe I managed that well.

2. What are some changes or new ideas that you have developed in your writing through the course of this semester?

The main focus was the actual style of writing that belongs in an article. Reading the New Yorker helped in that manner. Something I found the hardest was combining my flowing poetic style of writing with the science and economic aspect of an article.

3. If you had a little more time to work on your writing for LIFE: The Book, what would you do differently? What would you change about your writing?

There is not much I would do differently. If I could I would’ve done an interview and used the transcript in the article. I think that would have added a lot to my article in correspondence with the financial standing and the ethical standing on designer babies.

4. How has the additional element of publication in a book affected the way you approach writing?

If anything it put the pressure on. I had everything turned in early, which is rare for me. I wanted the book ot be done and published on time so I rushed to finish. I don’t know if this made my work better or worse. Also knowing that hundreds of people would be reading this book as a representation of High Tech High I knew it had to be good. I focused on making my writing good, educational, and efficient.

No comments:

Post a Comment